Loud.

One thing I love about being awake in the middle of the night to feed a newborn, is the quiet time to read.

I love to be informed, and I find information to be nourishing and fulfilling. So many people have walked this path before me, that I want to be willing to listen and to learn from them.

And, what I realise in contrast to the quiet feeding & reading time at nights is just how LOUD life is. I have also come to realise with all this noise, just how overstimulating it is for a baby. Having a baby has been helpful in causing me to reflect on my own life. I realise that I need to embrace quiet.


Unfortunately I can't make everyone else around me embrace quiet too, but I am thankful for the self awareness and for the beautiful peacefulness in my household.

Quiet time is precious.

Comments