Experimental.

When I started my class in experimental textiles as part of my Textile Design & Development course I wasn't sure that I would like it. But, surprisingly, I have loved this subject! It has been interesting, creative and very hands-on. I've really enjoyed the chance to design with paper, to experiment with dyeing, design with inspiration from nature, enter the Artland exhibition with my piece about child soldiers, and designing incorporating the techniques of knit, knot, net & coil.


This is my crocheted jellyfish for one of my assessment pieces for this subject. I have made it from a big ball of cream coloured waste selvedge that I picked up at the op-shop. It's strong, thick and looks glorious! As this picture shows, this jellyfish now hangs in our bathroom above the bath.

Comments