Community.

I loved the shared life; the crossing of paths and the intersection of one with another.

A highlight of my day today was a shared lunch. Ah, I love sharing meals - I really do think it's one of my most favourite things to do.

I think a lot about community, about sharing my life with others - friends, family, work mates, church family, and beyond. There have been times I have lived alongside friends, and together with troubled young people, within family networks in Kenya, and closely with my family and my extended family.

I love the sense of togetherness. And, as soon as it finishes I miss it.
Oh, I find life in Australia so separated. Isolated. Why do we all live alone in big houses? Why don't we share our resources, or our belongings, or our food, or time? Why do we spend so much time worrying about where we need to be, how we will get there, what is wrong with life, what we don't have?

Community at its best is uplifting. Ah, it can bring out the best in people. It creates warmth and draws people together. I love sharing a good time, and love the inspiration of companions - partnership in the journey; sharing dreams and ideas; learning about others and in return learning more about me.

I choose to write about community so I stop and remember why I love it so much. Sometimes the lack of connectedness is saddening. The will to connect does not guarantee a sense of community.

So, I choose to live a life that goes beyond me and my household, a life that seeks out relationships and connection. My life is enriched by community. Incredibly worthwhile and a valuable motivation for life.

Comments

Post a Comment

I love comments! And I love that you have dropped by to visit my blog. Thanks! E xx