Food.

How adventurous are you with the food that you eat?

I love sharing a meal, and I love good food!

Every day while here in Rwanda we are aiming to try and eat something different... we have eaten Tilapia (Nile Perch), BBQ Chicken (as fresh as you can get!), plantains (savory cooked bananas), posha (made from maize flour), bright yellow omlettes, rice dishes, chips, food from a buffet that I cannot describe and even spaghetti bolognaise (on recommendation from our waiter!)

As I eat I am constantly reminded of my incredible access to a wealth of food.

Each night we have chosen to eat at the place we are staying - and the lovely thing about this is the chance to build relationships with the people who work there. Our waiter is always this skinny guy, who has softly spoken English. He has a lovely sense of humor and is incredibly alert and serves us wonderfully each night. I think the best part of the meal is tipping him for his wonderful service.

I have realised more and more how much I love to give. I think there is something incredibly empowering when we have open hands, rather than clenched fists. The world will be a different place when we just give to one another, and when we share with one another. I am reminded how God tells us in Matt 6:25 that He cares for the birds of the field, and how He dresses the flowers of the field... and we are worth so much more than this. We are not alone, and the lovely thing is that we can support and encourage one another!

So, I encourage you and remind myself, to eat and be thankful, to give with an open hand and to cherish all that you have.

Comments

  1. I think there is something incredibly empowering when we have open hands, rather than clenched fists.

    - Very wonderfully said. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And I love that you have dropped by to visit my blog. Thanks! E xx