Fair Trade.


Oh, I am just loving these baskets made by The Dharma Door. We sell them at Green Collective and I am just longing to pick up a few for our home. For me, I think nothing compares to a beautifully handwoven basket. Ah, love!


These are the amazing handmade baskets sold by the local women in the market place in Ugunja, Kenya. Seeing the beautiful baskets made by the Dharma Door in the shop here in Yarraville, makes me think more of the amazing possibilities for more Fair Trade projects in Kenya. I love Fair Trade!

Comments

  1. Hi Erica,

    Thanks for loving our baskets & Fair Trade. We love them too!

    The CEO of the Fair Trade organisation where our baskets are made will be in Melbourne on 4th May to speak at Fair Trade Fortnight events.

    Where: The Abbotsford Convent Bakery, 1 St Heliers St, Abbotsford
    When: 5:30-7:30pm, Tuesday 4 May, 2010
    Cost: $20 per person, including drinks and finger food.

    RSVP and advance payment required.

    Email info@fairtrade.com.au for a form.

    Hope to see you there!
    Shannon
    The Dharma Door

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these, Erica. Do you sell the laundry baskets as well? We will need new laundry baskets when we move!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And I love that you have dropped by to visit my blog. Thanks! E xx