Growth.

It has been such cold and gloomy weather in Melbourne at the moment.
I really am missing the sunshine! Some days I feel like it's hard work to get going and feel motivated in such chilly wintery weather.

A lovely highlight of such ordinary weather is seeing our vegetables growing and flourishing despite the oh-so-ordinary weather. What a great reminder that there's no excuse to lose motivation or slow down just cause it's cold and gloomy!


I really love getting outside, even in the windy, rainy cold weather! This morning I just needed to 'be' in the garden... life has lots of pressures, and responsibilities, demands and complexities. And, sometimes it is all a bit overwhelming. It's great to just find a moment - in the midst of jobs and chores, requirements and expectations - to relax.

We now have 8 garden beds. And today they are all filled to the brim with vegetables! There is so much life, so much colour and variety. I feel thankful to be where I am. The past is been and done, and the future full of lots of questions, opportunities, paths and options. I want to grow where I am planted. I don't want to believe the grass is greener on the other side of the fence - the problem with that is I can never be satisfied with what I've got. If you think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, then when you look in our yard you might believe that. But, it's not because it's any better here but rather we are working to make the most of what we've got. Let us spur each other forward to live to our capacities, rather than seeing the strengths in others and feeling weighed down by our own weaknesses.

Grow and flourish where you are planted.

Comments