Project.

Just a glimpse into a current project I am developing - book bags from Fair Trade coffee sacks and fabulous fabric lining. After making shopping bags from the coffee sacks, I have been keen to also try out some other designs. A highlight for me was to have some on my stall at the MMM this past weekend. Oooh, I am super excited about these - sweet!

The photo is of small book bag (lined with Nigerian fabric) particularly designed for novels - or for me, just the right size for my diary, notebook and important papers.

Tonight I also completed the next size up, for magazines and A4 paper. Then I am keen to expand into trialling a cover for my Mac book, with cotton/bamboo batting lining for padding. Currently working out what makes the best closure for the bags... lots of ideas, but not yet decided. If you are keen for one of these sweet book bags, to keep your novel or magazine safe and sound when you're out and about, just let me know.

I am loving working with the coffee sacks - the texture, smell, and the printing on each of them. Such an exciting and worthwhile project indeed!

Comments